It is never too early to prepare. Stay informed and alert. Here are just a few tips to get you started. Please visit the websites below to obtain thorough information to get you ready.
• Get a weather radio and stay current with the weather news.
• Have a safe place to go for you, your family and your pets.
• Have on hand: canned foods, manual can opener, water bottles, first-aid kit, battery-powered radio, flashlights, wrench or pliers, duct tape and extra batteries; and make sure your car has a full tank of gas and your cell is fully charged.
- Visit www.floridadisaster.org for hurricane preparedness instructions
- National Hurricane Center: www.nhc.noaa.gov
- Road Closures – Florida 511: www.fl511.com
- Florida Highway Patrol: www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/traffic