Settle into the pleasures of autumn with a home that’s prepped, organized and full of seasonal delightsSOURCE: Houzz.com
Fall is a glorious season. With blazing leaves and roaring fires, apple picking, harvest festivals and sweater weather, there is so much to look forward to. And with that studious, back-to-business mood permeating the air, we feel invigorated to take on new projects and work a bit harder. Kick off this busy season by taking the time now to prepare your home, incorporating both important tasks (like cleaning the chimney) and pure pleasures (like treating yourself to a luxe bath product).
These 14 tasks will help you seamlessly transition your home from summer to fall.
- Inspect the roof, gutters and drainpipes.
- Edit your crafting stash.
- Move firewood to a covered area.
- Have chimneys cleaned before you light that first autumn fire.
- Organize the entry.
- Clear your desk.
- Sort the pantry.
- Deep clean the tub and treat yourself to something new.
- Tidy the porch.
- Stock up on cold and flu remedies.
- Check lighting throughout your home.
- Refresh cleaning supplies.
- Swap out bedding.
- Savor your hard work!